Love

Love

Monday, August 4, 2014

I Survived 9 Days of Camping!

For those of you who know me... I, Danielle, am not a camper. However, when you marry a man who loves the outdoors, what is a girl supposed to do? I love my Husband and so, I go camping. I actually like it (except the part when there are no showers, or flushing toilets) but other than that, I find camping to be relaxing. It is always fun to get out and enjoy God's creations. They are pretty spectacular! We had a family reunion in Island Park Idaho and then went to Yellowstone National Park. On our way home we drove through The Grand Teton National Park. Prepare for picture overload :)

Nelson Family Reunion 2014- Island Park
 Riding the Jet Skis
 Babies :) Bryce is holding Jackson and I am holding Ryker

We made it :)
                                              
This spot below was my favorite. I loved all the colors!
 I think there was a dragon in there!
 This spot was also one of my favorites! Gorgeous!
 Eating buffalo burgers! They were actually quite tasty!
 Swimming in Firehole River. It was not as warm as everyone said it was going to be. Blast!
 It was really fun and beautiful!

Then we drove home through the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole. 
(Don't mind the traveling look that I am wearing, it's totally attractive, I know!)

 It was breathtaking!
 Famous Jackson Hole Antler Arches

Apparently, we still were not done camping. This past weekend Bryce and I decided to go just the two of us. We went to Alexander Lake in the Unitas. It was really fun! Although I do appreciate running toilets more and more instead of having to do the ole' squat in the outdoors.

 Making Dinner
 Poking the water bugs with a stick :)
View of the Lake
Wild flower bouquet from Bryce
 Getting ready to find some fire wood!


 Relaxing
 Bryce Fishing
 Getting snuggled in for bed. I have so many blankets!

Island Park, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Alexander Lake all combine equals 9 days of camping! Whew! I survived :) Overall I'm thankful for the time to spend outdoors with my family and with my sweet hubby, even though I'm not a camper! I'm amazed at Heavenly Father's creations. I know that my Redeemer lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment